Civil servants will receive a total bonus of 2 months this year, inclusive of the 13th month bonus. This is 1 month less than last year’s bonus.
As they have already received half a month’s bonus at mid-year, they will receive the 13th month annual wage supplement (AWS) and a further half month’s bonus at year end. That is, 1.5 months at year end.
Due to the economic downturn, the salaries of administrative officers (the highest earners in the civil service), political, judicial and statutory appointment holders will not be adjusted upwards as planned. Instead, they will all receive a pay cut of 11% to 19%.
These are the new salaries:
- President $3.14m (down 19%)
- Prime Minister $3.04m (down 19%)
- Ministerial Grade MR4 $1.57m (down 18%)
- Entry Superscale Grade SR9 $353,000 (down 12%)
- Allowance for Members of Parliament $190,000 (down 16%). Note that most MPs hold a full-time job and some are also directors in companies.
See their salaries before this adjustment.
Source: PSD press release.