The increase will take effect from Jan 1, 2008.
New Monthly Pay
- The President will receive $119,520 per month, up from $104,840 currently (14% increase).
- The Prime Minister will receive $115,920 per month, up from $101,680 currently (also 14% increase).
- Ministers and senior permanent secretaries at MR4 grade will receive $59,760 per month, up from $52,420 currently (also 14% increase).
- Administrative officers at SR9 superscale grade will receive $18,240 per month, up from $17,530 currently (4% increase).
- Members of Parliament (who may also run businesses and hold other full-time jobs) will receive an allowance of $13,710 per month, up from the current $13,200 (3.9% increase).
New Annual Pay
If bonuses are included, the annual pay can be more than 12 times that of the monthly pay. These are the announced new annual pay:
- President – $3,870,000 (21.43% up from the current $3,187,100)
- Prime Minister – $3,760,000 (21.64% up from the current $3,091,200)
- Ministers/Snr Perm Sects – $1,940,000 (21.74% up from the current $1,593,500)
- AOs at SR9 grade – $398,000 (3.65% up from the current $384,000)
- Member of Parliaments – $225,000 (4.02% up from the current $216,300)
The government will make further pay adjustments next year (2008).