The ever pertinent question: What is the median salary of working Singaporeans?
Based on info in the just released Singapore Workforce, 2008 report from the Manpower Ministry, the median gross monthly income of full-time employed residents is $2,590.
Not very high. But it’s already an 11% increase from last year, according to the MOM report.
What about the medians for only managers and professionals, and the rest? Here are the corresponding numbers, by occupations:
- Managers & Administrators $6,300
- Working Proprietors $3,000
- Professionals $4,750
- Associate Professionals & Technicians $3,000
- Clerical Workers $2,000
- Service & Sales Workers $1,500
- Production Craftsmen & Related $1,800
- Plant & Machine Oerators & Assemblers $1,500
- Cleaners, Labourers & Related $900
Note: Gross monthly income includes “wages or salaries, allowances, overtime, commission, tips and bonuses.”
Source: Singapore Workforce, 2008 report. Ministry of Manpower.