How do you like the idea of growing your savings without having to do anything, while getting free insurance at the same time? With Dash PET by Etiqa Insurance, you can do all that and more.
An insurance savings plan that helps you Protect, Earn and Transact, Dash PET offers affordable (read: free) protection, the highest returns on your savings**, and makes it easy for you to transact while getting rewarded at the same time.
Read on to find out why Dash PET is the digital piggy bank you never knew you needed.
Earn high returns on your savings, safely
Offering high returns of 1.5% p.a.*^ on your savings, Dash PET is the digital piggy bank that helps you save more. Besides providing the best returns** compared to other similar insurance saving plans in the market (as of 9 September 2021), it comes with some nifty features too.
- Highest interest rate** of 1.5%*^ p.a.: Enjoy the base rate of 1.3%* p.a. and an extra 0.2%^ p.a. when you opt in for free insurance protection, on the first S$10,000 of your savings.
- Free insurance coverage: Get more value with free coverage that includes life protection of 105% of your account value, coverage for COVID-19, including vaccine side effects, and Death & Total and Permanent Disability^ coverage of up to S$50,000.
- Capital-guaranteed savings: Your savings are safe against market changes and macroeconomic factors, and you’ll never lose the amount that you put in.
- No lock-in period: Keep your funds liquid and enjoy the flexibility of topping up or withdrawing your savings anytime. Like real piggy banks, breaking out your savings for emergencies is easy with Dash PET.
To enjoy these features, you only have to do one thing – save. Staying true to the nature of piggy banks, there are no hoops to jump or minimum spend to hit, and you’ll unlock these benefits when you save as little as S$50 (and up to S$30,000)!
The only difference with this digital piggy bank is that you don’t have to deal with the hassle of counting coins. All your Dash transactions are digital and can be tracked transparently, anytime and wherever you are.
Whether you’re a student, stay-home parent or freelancer, Dash PET helps you save more on your own terms.
Get extra interest when you protect yourself
Did you know that Dash PET rewards you with more interest on your savings when you opt for FREE protection?
You read that right. Enjoy an additional 0.2%^ p.a. interest on the first S$10,000 of your savings when you opt in for the free Death & Total and Permanent Disability^ add-on protection, which gives you complimentary coverage of up to five times your account value (capped up S$50,000 coverage) in the first year of your policy.
And if you prefer more coverage, you can activate any of the three add-on protection plans that Dash PET provides, with premiums starting from as low as S$0.02 a day (based on S$10,000 sum assured for a 17 year-old female non-smoker).
- Major Cancer: Covers critical stage cancers, including leukemia, lymphoma and sarcoma
- Accidental Death: Lump sum payment in the event of accidental death
- Death & Total and Permanent Disability: Provides lump sum payment in the event of death or inability to perform three out of six Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
As an added bonus, you’ll enjoy up to 0.25% p.a.# in additional interest for each add-on protection plan that you activate, which bumps your potential earnings up to 2.25% p.a.*^#!
Here’s how it’s calculated.
|Base interest rate:||1.3%*|
|Free coverage for Death & Total and Permanent Disability^:||0.2%^|
|Major Cancer add-on protection:||Up to 0.25%#|
|Death & Total and Permanent Disability add-on protection:||Up to 0.25%#|
|Accidental Death add-on protection:||Up to 0.25%#|
|Total earnings (p.a.)
Applicable to the first S$10,000 of savings
|Up to 2.25%*^#|
Imagine if you’ve saved S$10,000 with Dash PET without any withdrawals and opted in for all the add-on protection plans, you’ll earn S$225 in a year just by saving and protecting yourself. That’s equivalent to a luxe staycation or even the cost of your next VTL flight to Berlin on Scoot! Now that’s an upgrade that traditional piggy banks can’t give you.
Transact easily and get rewarded
One of the great things about Dash PET is that it’s seamlessly integrated with the Dash wallet on the Singtel Dash app. Whether it’s topping up your Dash PET policy, adding protection, making withdrawals or transferring your funds to your Dash wallet, you can do all that with just a few taps on your phone.
Need to make a purchase? Just transfer some money from your Dash PET policy to your Dash wallet at no extra charge. Have some chump change in your Dash wallet? Turn your “PET-ty cash” into earnings by placing it in your Dash PET policy. This digital piggy bank, like its traditional predecessors, embraces spare change and lets you save as little as S$1 each time!
On top of that, you’ll earn Dash reward points each time you shop, dine, commute or remit with Singtel Dash. It’s easy thanks to the Dash Visa Virtual Card that comes with your wallet. You can then redeem your reward points for vouchers at Grab, Cold Storage, Singtel and Zalora, to name a few. Plus, all Dash users will also gain access to curated deals at the likes of FairPrice Online or foodpanda.
Enjoy the convenience of a digital piggy bank
Managing your finances is easy with Singtel Dash. Whether it’s saving with Dash PET or transacting with your Dash wallet, this digital piggy bank makes saving and transacting convenient by letting you do it all on your mobile phone.
Want to track your spending? Just refer to your transaction history on the Singtel Dash app. Budgeting for your monthly expenses? View your account balance easily and transfer funds instantly, anytime and anywhere. Instead of shaking your piggy bank to access your coins savings, enjoy a smarter, digital experience with Dash that is not only easier, but also faster.
|Get S$10 cashback: From now till 31 March 2022, sign up for Dash PET and save S$5,000 and above to qualify.|
Can’t wait to get started? Sign up for Dash PET on the Singtel Dash app! Simply launch Dash > Home screen > Grow Money. Singtel Dash is available to all users, regardless of telco. You can download the app via this link here.
- This article is written in collaboration with Singtel Dash
- The information is meant purely for informational purposes and should not be relied upon as financial advice.
- **Compared to similar digital insurance savings plans available for subscription, as at 9 September 2021. This comparison does not include information on all similar products. Etiqa Insurance does not guarantee that all aspects of the products have been illustrated. You may wish to conduct your own comparison for products that are listed in www.comparefirst.sg.
- *For the first policy year, 1.30% p.a. up to S$10,000 and 0.30% p.a. for subsequent amounts in Account Value. Crediting rate is non-guaranteed.
- ^Additional 0.2% p.a. to the existing 1.3% p.a. returns for your first S$10,000 Dash PET savings during the first policy year while the complimentary protection is active. Complimentary Accidental Death coverage will be offered for the same duration if you are not eligible for this add-on protection. Sum assured will be based on your age and occupation.
- #Additional interests of up to 0.25% p.a. from each activated payable add-on protection applies to the first S$10,000 account value of your active Dash PET policy.
- Dash PET is not a bank account or a fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that earns a crediting interest rate. This policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). This advertisement is for general information only. Terms apply. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract on dash.com.sg/dashpet. Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is accurate as of 2 March 2022.
Pingback: Why Dash PET is The Digital Piggy Bank That Singaporeans Need | TheFinance.sg
Thanks for a great piece of financial information that you posted here. I really like that people are sharing this quality articles with everyone on the internet, I am saving this kind of work to be able to share with my friends, so they can get useful information from me. Also, I want to share with you this great website https://www.moneypowerwisdom.com/ with financial article top level.