Saving is the first step to achieving your financial goals and it is recommended that you save at least 20% of your salary each month. If you have just started working and find it hard to commit to this amount, start small. With insurance savings plans such as Dash PET by Etiqa Insurance, you can start small and still earn huge benefits.
What is an Insurance Saving Plan?
Insurance Savings Plans give you the best of both worlds by letting you earn more interest on your savings while protecting you at the same time. For instance, Dash PET lets you earn up to 1.3%* p.a. on your savings and offers insurance coverage that includes a death benefit, protection against COVID-19 and vaccine side effects, if any.
Insurance savings plans are an ideal option when you are looking for a safe and easy way to grow your money. Risks are generally lower, and it’s a simple way of making your money work harder. All you need to do is save!
Here’s how Dash PET can benefit you:
- It offers high returns without requiring much of your time and effort
- Capital is guaranteed; this means you will not lose the amount you have put in, no matter what happens
- No lock-in period, which gives you the flexibility to withdraw your savings anytime
Because insurance savings plans are a type of life insurance, your policy will also be protected by Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC).
Whether you are saving up to travel when borders reopen, or just looking for a safe way to grow your emergency funds, Dash PET’s got you covered.
Get more out of your savings with Dash PET
Dash PET is designed to help you get more out of your savings by letting you Protect, Earn and Transact. Besides protecting you with insurance coverage, it lets you earn one of the highest returns in town among all insurance savings plans, and gives you the freedom to transact whenever you like.
You don’t need a large capital to enjoy the benefits. Start small with S$50 (and up to S$30,000 if you have extra funds) to be automatically covered and enjoy the following rates:
For first S$10,000: 1.3%* p.a. for first policy year
Above first S$10,000: 0.3%* p.a. for first policy year
Interests are credited on the 1st of every month.
It is also highly liquid. With no lock-in period or fixed commitment, you can top up your policy anytime (from as little as S$1 each time) or withdraw your money whenever you need, without any penalties.
Dash PET is exclusively available via the Dash app, so you can view, top up or withdraw on your mobile anytime and anywhere. Don’t wait too long to sign up – as with most insurance savings plans, Dash PET is a limited tranche that is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
And in case you’re wondering, Singtel Dash is available to everyone regardless of their mobile service provider.
Take the first step to financial freedom
Success starts with a single step and the same goes for saving. What you save today will become much more in the future. Start small, save regularly, and you may achieve your financial goals much faster than you think.
With Dash PET, you can do all that and more. Download the Dash app today to give it a go.
Specially for all salary.sg readers, get up to 1,800 Dash reward points when you sign up for Dash between 15 July 2021 to 31 August 2021. Here’s how:
- Sign up for Dash using the referral code: SALARYSG
- Get 1,000 points when you activate Dash PET within the same month of your Dash signup (with minimum S$500 account value)
- Get 800 points when you make your first payment of at least S$2 within 30 days of signing up for Dash (excluding PayNow and Dash PET top-ups)
Sign up now via the link here.
Terms & conditions for sign up promo:
- The promotion is valid for all new Dash signups with referral code, SALARYSG, up till 31 August 2021.
- To be eligible for 1,000 Dash reward points, new Dash users must sign up and activate their Dash PET policies within the same month as their Dash sign up, with a minimum of S$500 account value. The points will be credited directly into eligible Dash users’ Dash Rewards accounts by 30 September 2021.
- 800 Dash reward points will be awarded to the Dash users with eligible payment transactions (minimum S$2) within 30 days of Dash sign up. The points will be credited directly into eligible Dash users’ Dash Rewards accounts within two days of eligible transaction.
- Other Dash terms & conditions apply. Visit dash.com.sg/terms for full terms and conditions.
- This article is written in collaboration with Singtel Dash
- The information is meant purely for informational purposes and should not be relied upon as financial advice.
- Dash PET is not a bank account or a fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that earns a crediting interest rate.
- *For the first $10,000 Account Value: 1.3% p.a. for the first policy year. For above first $10,000 Account Value: 0.3% p.a. for the first policy year. Crediting rate is non-guaranteed.
- This policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). This advertisement is for general information only. Terms apply. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract on dash.com.sg/dashpet. Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is accurate as at 22 Jul 2021.