In short, a treasury manager in Singapore is responsible for keeping track of an organization’s holdings and its overall financial state.
Although the exact tasks a treasury manager may perform will be different with each company, typical duties include:
- Coming up with and implementing future financial plans
- Making budget and capital forecasts
- Overseeing the treasury department
- Managing funds and investments
- Presenting financial reports
- General cash management
The job may also involve a lot of traveling across Singapore and the region. A strong treasury manager has to have effective leadership skills.
The underlying basis behind hiring a treasury manager is that in order for a business to function properly, finances will need to be balanced and financial activities will need to be monitored and checked to ensure a business is headed in the right direction.